This post has affiliate links
The other afternoon, I was giving my boys an afternoon snack. Fruit Cups. When, I started thinking about those frozen fruit cups my mom used to order from Market Day when I was a kid. My brothers and I ate more than one at a time and totally loved them.
Then, I thought it might be a fun idea to make a “Mommy Fruit Cup” AKA “Boozy Fruit Cup” that I could enjoy after the kiddos went to sleep.
These Sangria Fruit cups turned out so well because I used these Silicone Baking Cups. I really love these baking cups, you can freeze things in them and they literally just pop out. They were a gift from my sister-in law, who blogs at Chicago Jogger.
These Sangria fruit cups couldn’t be easier. I can’t wait to make a batch of these this summer when we grill out with friends. I didn’t add any sugar to these, because I don’t like my wine too sweet. But you could always mix a little sugar in if that is what you like.
Also, I just used this mixed frozen fruit from Costco. But seriously, just use the fruit you have on hand! ( or the fruit you like in sangria!)
- 4 cups of frozen of fresh fruit
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite wine
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar- optional
- Silicone Baking Cups
- In a measuring cup or bowl, mix wine, lemon juice and sugar. Cut fruit to the size you want, place a generous amount of fruit in each silicone baking cup. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. When you are ready to eat them, let thaw for 10 minutes. Place the cup in a small bowl and eat with a spoon.
What a perfect little mommy treat!