In a few ways, this is an unlikely recipe for me to be posting right now.
1) When I was a kid, Almond Joys were probably the first candy bar I handed to my parents every Halloween.
2) Its below zero in Northern Iowa right now, so, most people aren’t thinking about ice cream.
But, actually this is a likely recipe for me to make. Because
1) I am so obsessed with banana ice cream, that I am sure it bothers some of you readers out there.
2) One of the blogs that I follow has been posting LOTS of yummy almond joy recipes lately, and I just happened to be in the mood for some almond joy flavor.
I make this Ice Cream in my blender. It is so easy and I love that.
This Banana Ice Cream happens to be vegan. I thought that coconut milk would be appropriate, as this is supposed to be almond joy flavored. You can use any kind of milk you prefer. This is super easy to make, and just six easy ingredients.
I love using my Single Serve Ninja Blender to make all of my blender soft serve recipes. Clean up is so much easier with the single serve. ( remember, I am a busy mom)
I have actually been making lots of banana ice cream lately. My husband purchased some mini store bought cupcakes for my son, for potty training treats. It turns out that my three year old’s behavior was a little crazy when he was hyped up on so much sugar. I decided that banana ice cream was a much better treat for him to have.
- 1-2 Bananas, Frozen
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 dark chocolate square. or chocolate chips or any chocolate of your choice
- 1/8 cup of coconut milk or another milk of your choice
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender and pulse until you get your soft serve consistancy. If you add too much milk, you may get a “milkshake”. that’s okay, get a straw and this will still be delicious!