I just wanted Pumpkin Spice Something without consuming a gazillion grams of sugar.
So I made these:) and I am Sorry and Not sorry that I am contributing to our society’s #pumpkinobesssion
I often think of new recipes in the evenings when I am rocking my baby to sleep. ( 8 months old). It might be some of the few minutes I have each day where my mind is clear to think. These Pumpkin Spice Tortilla Chips were an idea I had the other night as I was cuddling with my little nugget.
Yeah, and I am helping giveaway a Kitchen Aid Mixer! ( Bottom of Post). So you would think I would be posting it with a recipe that might actually USE a kitchen aid mixer. ( but I know all guys can head over to google and type in “Pumpkin” to find your recipe of choice) Three years ago, when this blog was brand new, I posted a simple recipe on How to make Homemade Tortilla Chips. I followed that simple recipe, but added the perfect amount of “Pumpkin Spice” to my tortilla chips.
Pumpkin Spice Tortilla Chips ( Serves 2-3)
5 Corn Tortillas
Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
Sugar- cinnamon Seasoning
*Sea Salt ( just a dash)
* Note- These Chips are meant to be sweet. Adding just a touch of sea salt REALLY gives these chips the depth they need to be fantastic!
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) Cut corn tortillas into fourths ( or any desired chip shape)
3) using a pastry brush, brush each chip with canola oil followed by pumpkin pie seasoning and cinnamon sugar and lastly by the salt
4) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Check every 5 minutes to see how crispy they are.
These Chips taste the best when they are still warm. but taste great cooled too.
I have teamed up with some other AWESOME blogger to giveaway this Kitchen Aid Mixer! Amazon will deliver this wonderful prize RIGHT to your door! You have a whole week to enter:) Just enter below:) and feel free to let me know if you have any questions. a Rafflecopter giveaway