Salsa and Nectarine BBQ Pulled Pork is a fun twist on the classic BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. It’s easy to make a huge batch for parties- or for freezing. This Pulled Pork is wonderful on a sandwich OR a taco.
I am becoming a HUGE fan of making Slow cooker loose meat.
1) It’s so EASY- just throw some ingredients in the slow cooker then let it cook!
2) I have been making these recipes in large batches- then freezing meals for those nights when I don’t have time to cook
3) These types of dishes are so DARN easy to serve at parties!
But let’s not get into a slow cooker pulled pork rut. Just because its convenient to make, doesn’t mean it has to be boring!
Since it’s summer- and my favorite- Nectarines are in season, I decided to make Salsa and Nectarine BBQ Pulled Pork. It was super easy and delicious!
I have been itching to put some fresh peaches into a savory dish ever since I made my Spicy and Peach goat cheese stuffed chicken during the spring. Peaches. Nectarines. Did you know that Peaches and Nectarines are actually the same species? Thanks Wikapedia!
- 4 lbs of pork roast
- 6 Nectarines- peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Jar of your favorite Salsa
- 1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 8 hours. Once the pork is cooked-cut it up and let it fall apart in the flavors.
And the ingredients for this recipe? Well, it’s all in the photo above! See? Easy Peasy!
This Pulled Pork was FULL of flavor and tasty on a pretzel bun ( that I found at ALDI).
The Best Part? This pulled pork also makes an excellent taco! We actually had some of our leftovers on night 2 for taco night!
Speaking of Pork- I am teaming up with the Iowa Pork Producers soon! I will be giving away coupons for free pork along with some other goodies. Stay tuned for a recipe from the Iowa Pork producers soon!