I have been a little obsessed with making “Blender Fro Yo” lately. See, I had a baby 5 1/2 months ago and I am FINALLY starting to run again. ( bout time). Also, I am starting to REALLY watch what I eat. Making Homemade Frozen Yogurt in the blender with lots of fruits and vegetables and NO sugar is such a FANTASTIC way to satisfy my sweet tooth! I am SUCH a fan of soft serve, it’s not even funny. I have found a great method of making DIY Fro Yo in my blender that ALWAYS turns out AH mazing! Green Monster Fro- Yo is simply my latest Frozen Yogurt experiment. Green Monster Fro Yo is very similar to the Green Monster Smoothie- But- There are more frozen bananas and yogurt, and less milk in this recipe- Hence, making the texture into soft serve instead of a smoothie you would drink through a straw.
- 2 cups of chopped frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 large teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1 teapoon of chia seeds
- 2 Packed Cups of Spinach
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Make sure the yogurt and milk are near the bottom of the blender. Blend. You may have to stop the blender a few times and stir your mixture. Blend until you get Green Monster Fro -yo.
Now that folks, is healthy and satisfying soft serve frozen yogurt 🙂 Now for the Fun Part of this post. Homemade Frozen Yogurt in the blender is easy, and I have been making it several times a week. I usually just use what’s in my kitchen, and I have come up with some really tasty frozen yogurt recipes that are easily made in the blender.
I started keeping a nice variety of frozen fruit in my house- Also, I have been freezing ripe banana slices. These ingredients are necessary for Blender Fro- Yo. I should also note that milk can be replaced with almond, soy or coconut milk if those better fit your dietary needs. All of these recipes will use the same method in the blender as the Green monster smoothie above- frozen fruit and yogurt are the main ingredients in all of these recipes.
15 Blender Frozen Yogurt Recipes
1) Green Monster Frozen Yogurt- See Recipe Above
2) Pineapple Yogurt Soft Serve ( click link for recipe)
3) Peach-Banana Fro-Yo 1 cup of frozen bananas, 1 cup of frozen peaches, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
4)Mango Fro- Yo 2 cups of frozen Mangos, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey
5)Banana-Coffee Fro-Yo 2 cups of frozen Banana slices, 1/3 cup of coffee, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey
6) Strawberry Fro-Yo 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of frozen bananas, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
7)Banana-Peanut Butter Fro-Yo 2 cups of Frozen Bananas, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 heaping spoonful of peanut butter
8) Banana-Vanilla Fro-Yo 2 cups of frozen bananas, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of honey
9) Banana-Chocolate Chip Fro-Yo 2 cups of frozen banana slices, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1/8 cup of dark chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
10) Pina Colata Fro-Yo 1 cup of Frozen pineapple slices, 1 cup of frozen banana slices, 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey
11) Cherry-Vanilla Fro-Yo 1 cup of frozen cherries, 1 cup of frozen bananas, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla
12) Mixed Berry Fro-Yo 1 cup of Frozen Mixed berries, 1 cup of frozen banana slices, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey
13)Pumpkin Spice-Banana Fro-Yo 1 1/2 cups of frozen Banana slices, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
14)Kale-Apple-Banana Fro-Yo 1/2 cup of chopped kale, 1/2 cup of chopped frozen apples, 1 cup of frozen banana slices, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1/3 cup of milk
15) Banana- Oreo Fro-Yo ( okay, one naughty one) 2 cups of frozen banana slices, 1/2 cup of chopped Oreo cookies, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
I hope you like my collection of recipes. I know if you try this yummy method of making frozen yogurt i tthe blender- you will come up with your own favorites too!