( seriously though. I can joke around about Greg enjoying beer. Because he is not really a big drinker. You guys don’t need to worry)
Personally am not a big fan of drinking beer. But If I do drink one, I prefer it to be Blue Moon.
I decided it would be fun to make Blue Moon Ice cream for a Friday evening happy hour.
2 egg yolks
1 orange ( optional )
1 bottle of blue moon.
1 cup of half and half
1/2 cup of sugar
I decided to use half and half instead of heavy cream. Half and half makes great ice cream, and its nice to lighten recipes up if you can. Especially because we are attending the Iowa State Fair tomorrow, and I will probably eat something horrible, like a fried Twinkie.
How to make Blue Moon Ice Cream
1) Bring half and half and beer to a boil
3) After bringing the mixture to a boil. slowly add sugar and the 2 egg yolks while whisking the mixture constantly. You will want to mix in the egg yolks and sugar away from the heat.
Boiling the alcohol removes all the alcohol content from this ice cream.
4) Refrigerate the mixture for a few hours. I let mine cool overnight.
5) Place your mixture in your ice cream maker. I let mine churn for about half an hour.
6) After churning. Put your ice cream in the freezer for an additional 2-3 hours. Unless you like your ice cream to have the consistency of soft serve.
I did take a little taste. It was much better then I was expecting. You should try this with your favorite beer!
You can also try to make Wine ice cream. I had some wine ice cream in Chicago once. It was fabulous!
See my Blue Moon gift for him