Before I start this post I feel like I have to state the following. I am not selling these. This project is not meant to be counterfeit. I am not REALLY trying to convince people that this is a particular purse brand.
This is a child’s purse made from 3 pieces of felt. I made this for my 18 month old Goddaughter. This is a Training purse! It’s supposed to help her get ready to own the real thing someday!!!
I actually thought about gluing ” K’s” onto this purse, because my goddaughter’s name is Katelyn. I asked my Goddaughter’s mother what she would prefer on this purse. She thought it would be cute for me to glue ” C’s” on this purse so that Katelyn would have a purse ” like mommy”
I did not sew this purse. I used a hot glue gun for the entire thing.
1 piece of tan felt
2 pieces of brown felt
some gold ribbon
hot glue gun/ hot glue sticks.
Directions on how make this training purse:
1) I folded a piece of beige felt in half and hot glued it to form a purse. I hot glued a flap. and made button holes with scissors so it would fasten.
2) I cut out ” C’s” by free handing a bubble letter, then using that first C to trace the rest of them. These are also hot glued onto the purse.
3) I hot glued some gold ribbon to the purse for some trim.
4) glued some buttons on the purse and cut also cut button holes. This was an easy way to make this purse fasten.
5) I hot glued on a strap with some leftover felt.
6) Please remember pull off all the hot glue strings!! when using as much hot glue as I did, there was a great deal of hot glue gun strings!!. Especially since I was giving this to an 18 month old, I did not want any of those to end up in her mouth!
Earlier in the week my son and I went to visit Katelyn and her mom in Illinois. I think Katelyn liked it, her mom tells me she is really into carrying purses around.