Wine Cork Magnets

I was walking around Ben Franklin today, looking for inspiration. I saw magnets. The first idea that popped into my  head was to make wine cork magnets! ( I have a box filled with used corks, and I had been thinking about what to do with them for some time.)

This project is SO very easy. All you need are corks, magnets, and a hot glue gun. ( and other decorative items if you choose)
Choose some wine corks.
Glue the magnets on them.  I added some twine for a simplisic effect. I thought about more decorating, but thought they looked good simple.
Here are some of the Cork Magnets holding up a photo of my grandmother and her sister.

Comments

comments

Comments

1. says

Stopping by from Somewhat Simple. Wow, great use for corks! I always save mine thinking I'll do something with them, but they always end up sitting in a glass piece. I think I'll make a few of these! Thanks for sharing!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

2. says

This is a FABULOUS IDEA! WOW, why didn't i think of that. I have many corks that I have saved hoping for a great project to come up. Thank you so much for sharing!

o. and im a new follower!

3. says

This is the first time I have been to your blog and I love the idea! I would love to use one of your photos in my blog about how to decorate with wine corks! I was thinking about posting it tomorrow and would of course give credit to you! Love the blog…stop by to check out mine if you have some time!

4. sarah says

I tried this today and had no luck with the magnets I bought. I bought the flat strip and cut them to size but they weren’t strong enough and the hot glue wouldn’t hold….what am I doing wrong? suggestions?! I have lots of corks and thought this was so cute!

5. admin says

I would try the thicker circle magnets. I used those for this project. Those flat strips don’t work very well.

Trackbacks

1. Wino X-ing says:

[...] DIY Instructions available at Make the Best of Everything [...]

2. [...] 1. Wine Cork Magnets – For my severe love of red wine and DIY projects that take under 30 minutes to complete, these wine cork magnets made it to the very top of my list. I open my fridge everyday, and even though half the time the inside is empty, at least these adorable wine corks will have me feeling quite sophisticated. (And okay with myself that the groceries weren’t done for the week.) [...]