Homemade Detective Kit!

Detectivekit2.jpg

My Nephew is going to be 5, he is a very imaginative, creative boy. I thought I would make him an extra special birthday present.  I purchased a plain photo box from Michael’s, along with a few other items and created a ” Detective Kit”!  First, I decorated the photo box with Water color paints, sharpies and puffy paint!

Here are some of the items that went into the detective kit.
1) Top secret envelopes, where I put obscure clues to help him when he plays imagination.
 2) Specimen Swabs- to help gather evidence.
3) some magnifying glasses found at Michael’s.
 4) A fingerprinting kit, using index cards and a stamp pad
 5)  a detective flashlight
6) Plastic bags that I wrote ” evidence” on with puffy paint
 7) Whisk Brooms ( found at Michael’s)
8) Fingerprint lifting tape
9) A journal and a pen
I also added some instructions so he would know how to use all these items!
Here are some close ups of all the items that are included in the kit

Comments

comments

Comments

1. April says

I LOVE this. I love when I see the little homemade kits that people make (doctor, nature explorer, etc.) This has so many great ideas, especially the fingerprinting lifting tape…so great! I am bookmarking this!

2. Kellie says

Oh my goodness this is wonderful! We love giving handmade gifts, especially arts & crafts kits. This idea will be a fabulous addition to our birthday gifting repertoire. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas!!

3. Kristin says

How fun! Great decorating. We did a “spy party” last year and I wish we'd had something like this for our guests. So well thought out. I love it! My boys will think it is so cool, can't wait to put it together…

4. Michele says

Soooo cute!!! How creative of you! I wish I had someone to give it to; mine are all grown up. I'll file away the idea for some day, a long way off, when I have grandchildren.

5. Aimee says

Hi, I am Aimee from over at HomeSpun-Threads and I am getting together some creative/crafty bloggers (that I have loved from afar) for the month of May. The plan is that every day in May a different guest share something totally creative for kids to do during the summer. Summer time is approaching quickly and many of us parents are biting our nails trying to figure out what fun things we can do with our kids this summer. I thought the this tutorial was adorable! I’d absolutely love it if you would be interested in joining me, even if you want to share a post you have done previously. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your consideration.

6. Linda says

First time visiting this site…via The Happy Housewife. This is absolutely ingenious! By now the post is almost a year old. How did Adam like his gift? I certainly want to file this idea away for reference for my 6 mo old grandson. Thanks! Linda

7. Totally cute says

I love it , so cutie had to make this right away for my little brother he loves to play detective. On the top of the box at the bottom picture she has an envelope that says suspects, when I made it I put a picture of every one in my family and some friends to. He will love it

Trackbacks