My Nephew is going to be 5, he is a very imaginative, creative boy. I thought I would make him an extra special birthday present. I purchased a plain photo box from Michael’s, along with a few other items and created a ” Detective Kit”! First, I decorated the photo box with Water color paints, sharpies and puffy paint!
Here are some of the items that went into the detective kit.
1) Top secret envelopes, where I put obscure clues to help him when he plays imagination.
2) Specimen Swabs- to help gather evidence.
3) some magnifying glasses found at Michael’s.
4) A fingerprinting kit, using index cards and a stamp pad
5) a detective flashlight
6) Plastic bags that I wrote ” evidence” on with puffy paint
7) Whisk Brooms ( found at Michael’s)
8) Fingerprint lifting tape
9) A journal and a pen
I also added some instructions so he would know how to use all these items!
Here are some close ups of all the items that are included in the kit